Asset Training will encourage effective language, literacy and numeracy practices in all operations, for both staff and students. We will provide support for language, literacy and numeracy practices in all training course development.
Asset Training will strengthen the recognition of differences in conventions and expectations in language, literacy and numeracy practices in different disciplines and cultures and ensure that the approaches to teaching will be sensitive to the diverse backgrounds of students and the requirements of the course being studied. Asset Training will promote the use of inclusive and non-discriminatory language at all times in order to respect and support all students. Asset Training recognises that its students bring a wealth of experience and diversity to the courses. It also recognises that while these differences might enhance their training experience, they may also impede the student in their studies. Asset Training declares all participants will be given a fair go in the completion of training and assessment.
Asset Training shall where necessary provide for the special needs of students from diverse linguistic backgrounds by assistance through the use of facilitators. We shall incorporate any special needs requirements in any training programs as required. Asset Training staff shall where necessary receive ongoing training so that they develop knowledge and skills to work effectively with special needs students.
Asset Training is committed to providing assistance to people seeking to undertake training, who may have special literacy and numeracy requirements.
Asset Training will provide individual assistance where possible to students who have literacy and numeracy skill needs and will also provide referrals to specialist literacy and numeracy assistance agencies where appropriate.
During the initial contact, enrolment or orientation phase, the student or the relevant representative may identify the need for support within or modification of the course to enable the student to successfully meet the specified requirements of assessment.
It is the role of the Trainer/Assessor to undertake a process of identifying and determining the level of support required for the individual student within parameters of the chosen course to be undertaken and its specific assessment requirements.
The process may require an initial meeting between the student and the relevant representative to determine:
- The nature of support required.
- Staff and their role in the provision of support.
- The timeframe in which the support is provided.
- Identification of external supports that may be provided.
- Resource implications of the support and to the level it will be provided.
- Identification of a monitoring and review process to evaluate the relevance and effectiveness of the support offered by the RTO and other parties.
- Trainers/Assessors’ or Administration will document all relevant communication between the student, external Parties and the company relating to the provision of language, literacy and numeracy support to the student. The documentation will be filed in the individual student’s file. The student will hold a copy of all documentation held relating to the student’s engagement in the course.
It shall be the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer to ensure that the requirements of this policy are complied with. The CEO is to ensure this policy continues to comply with relevant state or federal legislation and shall review this policy on a regular basis.